Group 1 Instrument Rating Details
- Valid PPL or CPL
- Valid, appropriate Medical Certificate
- Completed WWFC Client Application
- Completed WWFC Rules & Regulations Package
An applicant for a Group 3 Instrument Rating must have obtained a minimum of 70% on the written examination for Instrument Rating (INRAT). Ground school is not required, but is highly recommended. The study and reference guide is available at:
An applicant shall have completed a minimum of:
- 50 hours of cross-country flight time as pilot-in-command in aeroplanes
- 40 hours instrument time of which a maximum of 20 hours may be instrument ground time, including:
- One dual cross-country flight under simulated or actual IMC conditions to a point a minimum of 100 nautical miles radius from the point of departure. The flight is to be conducted in accordance with an IFR flight plan and must include, at 2 different locations, an instrument approach to minima.
An applicant shall successfully complete a flight test to the standard outlined in the Flight Test Standard – Instrument Rating (TP9939E):
The holder of a Group 3 Instrument Rating may:
- Fly under Instrument Flight Rules in single-engine aeroplanes as endorsed on their licence.
Financing available! RBC Student Line of Credit